This crowd-pleasing party dip that’s generous enough to feed a large family, but can easily be scaled down to serve just one or two. Serve with thick-cut potatoes chips and fresh veggies for a snack you won’t want to miss.
- 1 lb. red onions 2 large, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- optional: 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the onions on the sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper toss with your fingers to combine. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the onions are soft and browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and Worcestershire and beat with a handheld mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir in the onions and mix well. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh chives, if using.
This dip makes enough to feed a large family (approx. 2 to 3 cups). Feel free to halve the recipe to make less, if desired. This recipe pairs perfectly with rippled potato chips or fresh veggies.