Roasted parsnips are a gorgeous addition to any special dinner but they are so easy, you can enjoy them anytime! If you have leftovers, use them up in a soup!
- 1, 1 pound bag of Gwillimdale Farms parsnips peeled, trimmed and cut into halves or quarters lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil of your choice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or liquid honey OPTIONAL
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme or rosemary leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare parsnips by scrubbing clean or peeling, and trimming tough ends away. Cut into halves or quarters, lengthwise.
- Place parsnips in a large bowl, then drizzle with oil, maple syrup or honey if desired, salt, pepper and herbs of choice. Mix to combine.
- Lay in baking tray in one layer and roast for approx. 40 minutes until parsnips are just tender. Check and flip after 20 minutes. Depending on the size, the cooking time can be adjusted to 20 minutes - 50 minutes.