Who We Are
Gwillimdale Farms is family owned/operated, based just 10 minutes from downtown Bradford. We here at Gwillimdale Farms do more than just grow vegetables, we are growing our business. We supply our produce both locally and abroad, working in tandem with food manufacturers, retailers, food service providers, and wholesale distributors. We believe our biggest asset is our team. We are always striving to build a better team and better work environment through continuing efforts in the areas of safety, education, and personal development.
The Agricultural Mechanic is responsible for having a lead role in the maintenance of farm vehicles, and machinery. This position reports directly to the Farm Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Agricultural Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance of equipment such as forklifts, kubotas, farm equipment, company pickup trucks, etc. as well as the following additional duties:
- Operate equipment for testing purposes or diagnose using various equipment.
- Inspect, repair, and ensure agriculture equipment is safe and suitable for operations.
- Inspect heavy machinery and conduct preventative maintenance and repairs, based on a strong working knowledge of farm machinery and gasoline, diesel, and electrically powered motors.
- Diagnose complex problems, plan, and execute repairs.
- Analyze repairs and troubleshoot to find root issues.
- Perform oil changes and safety checks.
- Maintain the maintenance tools and equipment in a safe, clean organized manner and in good working condition.
- Adhere to Company policies and safety regulations.
- Other supervisory duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-5 years of experience in a management position in the agriculture sector preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills: The Agricultural Mechanic must be able to speak with employees, other department managers and senior management. As we have a diverse workforce at Gwillimdale Farms, the incumbent must be comfortable in communicating with and directing those whose first language is not English.
- Leadership Skills: The Farm Maintenance Mechanic must be able to motivate employees to keep operations running smoothly on a day-to-day basis.
- Problem-Solving Skills: The Farm Maintenance Mechanic must be able to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it. Must have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Time Management: The Farm Maintenance Mechanic may face tight deadlines and must be able to plan their work accordingly.
- Ability to hold employees accountable and lead by example.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.