This home-made coleslaw is the perfect side for a BBQ or to top a pulled pork or pulled chicken sandwich. Keep some in the fridge to enjoy through the week or serve in one large bowl at a party! The measurements are approximate because the ratios in the salad will taste great, even with some variation! Add more or less to suit your own taste!
- 4 cups 1L shredded / finely sliced raw green cabbage
- 2 – 3 cup 500-750 mL coarsely grated raw carrot
- ½ - 1 small yellow onion finely diced (add onion to suit your taste)
- ½ cup – ¾ cup 125 -175 mL mayonnaise (add to your desired level of creaminess)
- 3 tbsp 45 mL white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and finely chop cabbage until you have approximately 4 cups.
- Scrub carrots or peel them before coarsely grating.
- Peel and finely dice onion.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine vegetables. Then stir in mayonnaise until desired creaminess is achieved. Add vinegar at the end to provide some tanginess and slightly water down the mayo.
- Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Can be made in advance. Consume within 3 days.