This vibrant delicious ruby red holiday salad is ideal when served with your celebratory dinner this season, and brings some colour and nutrition to the table. It’s a showstopper for sure!
For the cranberry vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh cranberries
For the salad:
- 4 cups baby spinach or mixed greens
- 1 red pear cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped cooked roasted or boiled beets
- ½ cup chopped red grapefruit pieces
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup roughly chopped pistachios
- Start by making the dressing. Combine all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blitz until smooth. Strain with a fine mesh sieve and store in a glass jar for up to one week.
- To make the salad, scatter the spinach over 4 to 6 individual plates or 1 large platter. Top with the pears, beets, grapefruit, pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries, crumbled feta, and pistachios. Drizzle the salad with the dressing just prior to serving.