Roasting a large sheet pan of carrots on a Sunday is a great way to begin the week. Cook once and eat twice! The second time can be just as enjoyable as leftovers, especially if you turn them into a Roasted Carrot Soup! These are complimented by runny honey and fresh dill but carrots go well with many flavours. Other additions you might enjoy trying are:
- Butter with Salt and Pepper
- Brown Sugar, Honey, Molasses or Maple Syrup
- Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Ginger or Garlic
- Thyme, Dill or Parsley
- 1, 2 pound bag of Gwillimdale Farms parsnips peeled, trimmed and cut into halves or quarters lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil of your choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or liquid honey OPTIONAL
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 sprig of fresh dill divided into small fronds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare carrots by scrubbing clean or peeling, and trimming ends away. Cut into halves or quarters, lengthwise. Alternatively, cut into large pieces as they will reduce in size as they cook.
- Place carrots in a large bowl, then drizzle with oil, maple syrup or honey if desired, salt, pepper. Mix to combine.
- Lay in baking tray in one layer and roast for approx. 20 minutes until carrots are just tender. Check and flip after 10 minutes. Depending on the size, the cooking time can be adjusted to 30 minutes.