You’ll love this bright beet hummus that is both vegan friendly and gluten-free!
Roasted Beet Hummus
- 3 medium beets
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 15 ox. can (1 3/4 cup) cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 large lemon (use at least half of the juice and zest)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil (set aside 1 tbsp for roasting garlic)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Remove any beet tops and scrub clean. Wrap beets individually in foil and place on baking tray.
- Prepare garlic to be roasted as well. Cut the top 1/3 off of the bulb. Place on foil, drizzle with olive oil and wrap. Place on baking tray with the beets and roast for 40-60 minutes. Check at 40 minutes. The beets should be fork tender and the garlic will be very soft.
- Peel roasted beets and cut into large pieces.
- Squeeze garlic out of the skin.
- Place all ingredients except remaining olive oil into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- When ready to serve, drizzle remaining olive oil over the top.
- Keep covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.