Your delicious vegetable alternative to bread. Try it out!
- 1 lb Gwillimdale Farms yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 cup mozzarella, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup Gwillimdale Farms red onions, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic glaze
- Rinse, scrub and slice the potatoes into ½ inch slices.
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and allow the potatoes to cook for 8 – 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes.
- Heat a grill pan or BBQ to medium high. Brush potatoes with olive oil and place on the grill for 3 – 5 minutes to achieve grill marks. Remove from the heat and arrange potatoes on plate.
- In a medium sized bowl combine tomatoes, mozzarella, onions, and basil.
- Top each potato with a spoonful of the mixture.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze.