Farm Equipment and Truck Operator
Who We Are
Gwillimdale Farms is family owned/operated, based just 10 minutes from downtown Bradford. We here at Gwillimdale Farms do more than just grow vegetables, we are growing our business. We supply our produce both locally and abroad, working in tandem with food manufacturers, retailers, food service providers, and wholesale distributors. We believe our biggest asset is our team. We are always striving to build a better team and better work environment through continuing efforts in the areas of safety, education, and personal development.
The Farm Equipment and Truck Operator will be responsible for the operation of farm equipment, trucks, and assisting with daily farm operations. Strong consideration will be given to hard working individuals with previous farm experience or experience in a comparable setting. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a team player with exceptional attention to detail who holds a valid DZ driver’s license.
We offer certification opportunities and career advancement. We are also willing to train candidates who have the desire to learn.
Our operators work full-time. Evening and weekend hours vary during planting and harvest seasons. Overtime as required. Work hours will change based on seasonal requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Farm Equipment Operations:
- Assist with planting, seeding, cultivating, irrigating, and harvesting crops.
- Operate and maintain various farm machinery and equipment such as tractors, tillage equipment, planting equipment, fertilizer applicators, combine harvesters, etc.
- Perform daily safety checks of machinery.
- Assist with farm equipment maintenance as required.
- General farm duties as assigned.
- Operate trucks safely and efficiently during harvest period, drive in correlation with harvest machinery.
- Farm hauling; including but not limited to, driving grain trucks and potato trucks.
- Operates vehicle in compliance with municipal driving and regulations as well as with Company policies and procedures.
- Conducts thorough vehicle and tractor-trailer inspections for mechanical and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- This role requires flexibility in work and adaptability, other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- DZ driver’s license is required
- Clean driver’s abstract and CVOR required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience driving DZ/AZ is required
- Heavy equipment operator license/education/experience is an asset
- Ability to drive 18 speed manual transmission is required
- Operation monitoring
- Quality Control
- Attention to detail
- Agricultural equipment and vehicle operation an asset
- Demonstrates professionalism during customer interactions
- Ability to kneel, bend, reach, twist, sit, walk, and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Ability to work outdoors and in changing weather conditions.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness
- Manual Dexterity
- Control Precision
- Multi-limb coordination
- Finger dexterity
- Sound discrimination