Looking for a new burger that’s rich in flavor and really yummy? Try out beet burgers. Just 10 ingredients and super-simple to make.
- 2 cups grated raw Gwillimdale Farms peeled beets (about 2 medium beets)
- ¾ cup large flake rolled oats
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Grate beets
- Add beets and all of the remaining ingredients to the mixture.
- Form into 4 patties. The patty mixture will be very sticky, so wet your hands in between forming each patty, to help stop the sticking.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the patties. Cook them low and slow for good texture. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, until nicely browned on both sides and hold together well.